NEW YEAR AT THE JUNGLE Dec 26 to Jan 2nd. LIVE A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE. Book now!!
8 days and 7 nigths
Departure date: dec 26 to Jan 2
Kind of trip
- Archaeological Expedition
- Soft Adventure
- Boat ride
- Fluvial Transportation
- Land Transportation
- Bilingual guide
- Local Guide
Destination: Chiapas, Guatemala
An end-of-the-year trip to the middle of the jungle, a magical river and Mayan ruins
An eight day and seven night tour
This is an invitation for a very special kind of people. We invite you to join us as we receive the New Year celebrating the Pre-Hispanic ceremonial fire ritual on the last night the moon and stars will shine in 2015. As we await the first sunrise in 2016 we will feel enveloped by the dawn’s magic sensibility, surrounded by Mayan ruins and the sounds of nature, in the middle of the Mesoamerican jungle.
Dec 26: Reception at the Villahermosa airport. Transfer to Palenque. Visit at the archaeological site and Museum of Palenque. Transfer to the Lacandona village of Lacanja.
Dec 27: Visit Bonampak archaeological site and then travel to the Mexican village of Corozal, on the shores of the Usumacinta River, to board the boat that will take us to the Yaxchilan archeological site. Lodging at rustic cabins at Frontera Corozal.
Dec 28: We will take a boat that will take us to the border of Guatemala. Continued ground transportation will take us to the Flores island, located at the Petén Itzá Lake which lies in the center of the Guatemalan jungle. Continue to Tikal. Lodging.
Dec 29: we will spend a full day visiting the grandiose and imposing Tikal Mayan ruins in the jungle park.
Dec 30: Ground transportation to the town of Sayaxche, which lies on the edge of Passion River. We will then take a boat down the Petexbatun River to reach our Lodge. Continue our boat ride to the Aguateca archaeological site. Tour of the walled Mayan city on the shores of Petexbatun Lake. Return to our Lodge.
Dec 31: transfer to Yaxha. Free afternoon to relax and enjoy the place and activities offered by the lodge surrounded by jungle and await the arrival of the new year under the moonlight and stars. In the afternoon we prepare for our pre-Hispanic ceremony.
Pre-Hispanic ritual ceremony of the new fire, under the light of the moon involving all team members in this beautiful ceremony doing different activities. It will be an unforgettable experience !!
Jan 1: Tour along the archaeological site of Yaxha. Lodging at rustic cabins surrounded by the Jungle.
Jan 2: Breakfast. Ground transportation to Santa Elena airport End of tour.
- Ground transportation
- Fluvial transportation
- Our tours are led by Archaeologist Yolanda Ruanova, who together with local personalities, will show us the most relevant historical facts of each site we visit. We include a medical insurance per person.
- Admission costs to archaeological sites we visit
Services not included
- Telephone calls
- Alcohol beverages, beverages
- Personal expenses
- Border taxes.
- Transportation to and from Mexican Cities where we begin and finish our trips.
- minimum 6 persons
- maximum 10 persons
- Since $1,760.00 usd per person
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTATC US
- Guatemalan VISA, according with your nationality
Stuf to take
- Comfortable walking shoes, not new or smooth soles, preferably with sole or rough drawing tractor to avoidslipperings. They can be sneakers or hiking boots.
- Light and comfortable clothes; we do not suggest jeanston trousers.
- Comfortable walking shoes, not new or smooth soles, preferably with sole or rough drawing tractor to avoid slipperings. They can be sneakers or hiking boots.
- Light and comfortable clothes; we do not suggest jeans, rather we suggest cotton trousers.
- We recommend bringing a sweater or light jacket.
- Flashlights (one flashlight)
- Mosquito repellent cream AUTAN or OFF
- Hat or cap for the sun
- Personal belongings
- A backpack
- Groups guided by experts archaeologist.
- The itinerary could change at any time, based on the company’s criteria and our philosophy that the safety of our passengers is of our utmost concern.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS
- WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY PAYPAL